LANMIPP Group Contemplative Practice

• 1 replies

Syren Nagakyrie

• she/her, they/them
    • Syren's Blog
LANMIPP Group Contemplative Practice
« on: May 28, 2019, 03:15:32 PM »
LANMIPP - the Loosely Affiliated Network of Monastically Inclined Polytheist Pagans has begun hosting a bimonthly group contemplative time through our Facebook group at facebook.com/groups/lanmipp

Held on the 2nd and 4th Sunday of every month at 10:00 AM Pacific through Facebook Live, a rotating roster of members light a candle and hold space for individual contemplative time. Participants are welcome to meditate, pray, read, or engage in any other personal practice during this time. They may also check in on the Facebook Live event to say hello or share their intentions or insights.

The intention behind this practice is to a) offer supported time for your own practice. Meditating/praying as a group can be very profound. b) build energy and coherence in LANMIPP as we work towards forming a strong network of monastics.

If you would like to participate, you are welcome to join the Facebook group or simply join us in this time on your own.

Danica Swanson

• CEO (Creative Endarkenment Overseer) at Black Stone Abbey
  • Contemplative Norse polytheist
    • she/her
    • Black Stone Abbey
Re: LANMIPP Group Contemplative Practice
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 08:19:24 PM »
It's good to see this come together as a regularly scheduled thing! I know the group discussed it for quite awhile. And it looked like there were 10 or 11 of us participating. Or maybe more. Thank you for hosting it and holding that space for contemplative practice.

I'm really glad I participated, despite my general distaste for Facebook. The experience was more profound than I expected, which took me by surprise. I mean, somehow my mind erroneously assumed it would be a simple thing. I meditate alone regularly anyway, right? So this would just be similar to other days, except there might be a few more of us participating online, and we'd have a chance to comment about it "in the moment." But somehow knowing that there were others doing the same thing at the same time in a group context made all the difference. Even online, and even with the minor technical issues I experienced on my end.

In any case, it's the holding space that matters. Knowing that there were others in contemplation for the whole time, and that we are doing our part individually and collectively to help build a world that offers contemplative monastic ways of life for polytheists, helped me stay the course.

In short, group-supported contemplation time is...supportive!