• 1 replies

Danica Swanson

• CEO (Creative Endarkenment Overseer) at Black Stone Abbey
  • Contemplative Norse polytheist
    • she/her
    • Black Stone Abbey
A Quick Status Update
« on: May 06, 2019, 11:23:34 PM »
Hi folks. Roger and I are dealing with some time-consuming back-end administrative stuff that's a little more complicated than we planned for. We've decided to postpone any additional publicity efforts for a little while longer, so we can make sure everything's working as we intended.

There's been some confusion about the Laity and Votary membership levels and the sign-up process, so once we get everything ironed out on the back-end, I will update the FAQ to clarify.

Thanks so much for all the feedback! We appreciate it, especially at this early stage while we're ramping up.

Danica Swanson

• CEO (Creative Endarkenment Overseer) at Black Stone Abbey
  • Contemplative Norse polytheist
    • she/her
    • Black Stone Abbey
Re: A Quick Status Update
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 11:07:17 PM »
Update-to-my-update:

Looks like we're good to go now!

I've updated the FAQ to clarify that members who wish to switch from Laity to Votary membership levels (i.e., receive full access to all the boards in the Monastic Development and Library sections that aren't publicly visible) can go to their profile and pay the $5 USD sign-up fee through PayPal (Profile → Actions → Paid Subscriptions → Order) and they'll receive immediate access to the Inner Hall boards.

There was also a question about donations. I added a clarification on that to the FAQ, as it's separate from the paid subscription mechanism.

To donate an amount of your choice to support the forum through PayPal, click on the PayPal button located at the bottom of the Information box. All donations we receive that way go directly into the account we use to defray expenses for this forum. Donations enable us to operate as a community-owned and community-supported entity, without having to rely on advertising. We appreciate the support!

Early feedback on the forum so far has been very encouraging; we're getting several compliments, and we appreciate that so much. Thank you!

Things seem to be mostly ironed out on the back-end now, so feel free to publicize the forum on your blogs, social media, etc. We will also announce it on the Facebook Pagan & Polytheist Monasticism group soon.