Lucifer and Bast (polytheist Wiccan) devotee in QC, Canada

• 2 replies

Mdaoust245

• He/him
 :P Hi everyone! I am Michael, a transman just in the first steps of my transition from female to male. I'm a bit of a Luciferian nut haha (aren't we all a little obsessed with our deities?). I see Lucifer as being an enlightening deity, a sort of light in the darkness, which I relate to my struggles with mental illness as well as to buddhist concepts, which I am very fond of.
What brought me to polytheistic monasticism? Well, two years ago I got a calling to become a priest. I researched, and found I wanted to serve my community, and was very compelled to live a monastic life that also allowed for marriage? (I am married to a lovely woman) I've tried to live my calling out fully, starting a local pagan organization whose name I won't share for now for the sake of privacy, but we're starting to make some waves locally and I'm hoping to start up a temple soon. I'd love to make an abbey where pagans/polytheists can live to dedicate themselves to a year some odd of training and spiritual studies.
One thing that always made me feel like I was 'called' by the spirits is that I can't leave for long the area that I live in. I've travelled to other continents and tried desperately to move away, but boomerang back by the will of the gods. I was told when I was younger that shamans are tied to the land they are raised in, and I feel that's me. I just can't move away and have a calling to lift up the spirits of this land/local paganism in some way.
I am located in an anglophone pocket in QC, Canada, in Estrie (an area in QC).
I found this forum through the facebook group, which I found through the veiling discussions. I was called to cover my head when I started accepting myself as a priest, and am still struggling with a way to balance this. My local pagans find it weird, but I cover my head when I lead rituals and practice magic. They don't really get it, but I feel it's necessary.
What else? I have a mental illness (or two lol, grand anxiety, PTSD, and agoraphobia). I have a BA in world religions, where I did various independent studies on paganism and Wicca. Currently on a no-work from the doctor, I am spending all my time working on creative writing, taking care of my sick wife, or working toward pagan community goals, such as a community garden.
I worship various deities, such as Bast, Saint Michael, Kali, but am overall much more nuts about Lucifer than the others, because he has helped me so much through my mental illness.
I'd really love to chat with others who feel a priestly bend of a monastic calling, and those who balance marriage in their calling as well :)

Janet Munin

• Feral Abbess
    • She/her
    • Feral Abbey
Re: Lucifer and Bast (polytheist Wiccan) devotee in QC, Canada
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 10:30:57 AM »
Welcome to the Forum, Michael!

How did you become involved with Lucifer?
Janet Munin

Mdaoust245

• He/him
Re: Lucifer and Bast (polytheist Wiccan) devotee in QC, Canada
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 03:14:54 PM »
Lucifer has been with me for so long! After I began dabbling in paganism, I felt myself being called by a being 'like' Cernunnos but not quite...something to do with horns maybe? I dabbled in Satanism, feeling quite the call from Lucifer, but not liking at all what was associated with him. I'm really not sure when I began accepting him as a patron, but my wife was very much like 'stop fighting it and just go with it'. And then he became such a strong presence! When my mental health got really bad, I just reached out to him so much and felt so comforted. Like he really was there with me. I know other deities are there with me, but I feel so connected with Lucifer. I really wish he wasn't associated with the occult, as I'm not fond of that branch and don't associate much with it at all, and that makes it hard to find another luciferian to connect with. I more relate him to other strict underworld deities like Ereshkigal, who should be feared and respected, but aren't necessarily as evil and bloodthirsty (at least to their favourites) as they are painted as being. Anyways that's my rant :)