Prayer Bead practice

• 0 replies
Prayer Bead practice
« on: June 20, 2019, 01:34:35 AM »
Blessinngs of the Gods to everyone. I would like to share my bead meditation practice as well some pointers on making your own. I first want to be clear that I am no expert and each tradition will have special needs as well wants on how long and styles they want their prayer beads to be. Now to the Nitty Gritty. Brief overview-prayer bead practice has been in use for centuries from Hindu & Buddhist Traditions in the East to Christian traditions in the west being the oldest as far as we know. Many Pagans/Heathens/etc. have seen a beauty in the simplistic practice so if you google layouts you will find Goddess Prayer beads(similar to a Christian Rosary) to the Order of the Horae Pagan prayer beads. I recommend using your own traditions Numerology as well natural materials for
the body of your prayer beads(3 sections of nine beads if you want to use ADF Druidry virtues as an example). As far as meditations/prayers, keep it simple and meaningful to your relationship to your chosen Pantheon even uttering their name in a repeated manner will help since names carry a lot of mystical properties(the Buddhist practice of Nembutsu is an example to look at) feel free to ask anymore questions if you have any :)